subreddit:

/r/GME

1.3k

DISCLAIMER: I am not a financial advisor nor a lawyer, and I'm definitely not your lawyer I am in law school though. Please don't take my words for gospel and question everything you read in this post. If I'm wrong, which is entirely possible, please correct me. Seriously, we will all benefit from it. Our power lays in the collective brainpower that we amassed over here and it's honestly beautiful to see. But IMHO, we should all question everything we read and do our own DD and research.

Alright retards, listen up

I'm seeing a lot of you talking about GameStop potentially recalling shares and how it would skyrocket our beautiful shiny rocket into Andromeda. Share recall would knock the fuck out of short sellers, as they would be forced to close their positions. I think we all know what would happen next ๐Ÿš€๐Ÿš€๐Ÿš€

While this scenario is pretty much the dream come true, I'm afraid this assumption is a little off. I got caught up in the hype in some comment section as well. Before you call me a shill, bear (bull?) with me.

Here's how recalling company's shares work: the lender of the shares requests the borrower to return the shares, this is done automatically these days. Interactive Brokers has a special system for it, the DTCC has Stock Loan Recall Messaging, etc - you get the idea.

Oh wait, the lender of the shares initiates the recall? Not Papa Cohen?

Yup. Source

Furthermore, the recall procedures are regulated through Securities Lending Agreements between the lender and the borrower. Thus, the practices may differ depending on the broker that lends the shares (Source: Jeremy Meade, RMA Best Practices for Recalls and Buy-Ins). If the borrower disagrees with the recall or its terms, he can start a dispute and potentially prolong the process (same sauce)

I know, I know. You don't like this. Me neither. Bull with me.

So GameStop cannot initiate the stock recall on its own, right? But can they ask the lender to initiate it?

Yup! It actually happened last year. Check this article.

Kinda

In this case, the attempt was not successful, as Fidelity, Blackrock, Vanguard, State Street Corp and others decided to keep the shares on loan.

Would it be successful now? I have no idea, I'm new to investing and I don't know the intricacies of this business. I'm trying to learn with an open mind. I think they would need a very strong reason to recall the shares for the vote, like a merger or voting for Cohen as a CEO? Or can he just take over with his big dick energy?

Edit 1: It was a year ago, though. The situation now is a little different and some of the players that declined it last time now have a stake in GME going to the moon

Okay - so the Share Recall might be a little difficult, what's next? Rocket ain't launching? Apes not strong together anymore?

Nah! Papa Cohen can do many more things that could ignite the rocket!

I like the idea of issuing a dividend! This way, shorts r more fuk, we got more bananas for an extra share, the wider public gets the info that the company's doing well and the long whales, clears throat, the long whales could use this legitimate reason for momentum and send this shit into the stratosphere.

Other ideas? Stock split? I'll take that!

Thoughts

Guys, I know that this post might be a little disappointing for some of you. However, as I mentioned in the disclaimer, I urge everybody to do their own research and poke holes in stuff you see here. Why? Because I might be fucking wrong! I'm new to investing, but I'm not new to reading boring legalese. If I'm wrong, please correct me! As I mentioned, we have a tremendous collective brainpower here, let's put it to work and not make an echo chamber (I like the hype posts and memes, though!)

I think that skepticism, being level-headed and discussion are good for us. Peer-review is a fundamental part of any academic research

Before you call me a shill, you might as well check my post and comment history beforehand and see that I'm not. This is my first DD and English is not my mother tongue, be easy on me lol. I want to say hi to all apes, but especially to Polish and Dutch ones, I'm a Pole in a beautiful country that had probably the first squeeze/bubble ever

Position: mid-XX at 10X

all 162 comments

Vixualized

491 points

26 days ago*

โ€œShort Squeeze Potential We cannot allow ourselves to disappoint the short sellers and bears by failing to mention the short squeeze opportunity. If Ryan Cohen successfully negotiates a purchase price with the Board then the shareholders will have to vote on it. Unlike the proxy battle where Hestia and Permit were running a minority slate of directors, an offer to purchase GameStop would force institutions like Vanguard and Blackrock to call in their shares. By doing so, the shorts would be forced to close out their positions and GameStop would finally have the greatest short squeeze of all-time. Ironically, Cohen could use this opportunity to sell all of his shares and use the proceeds to entirely fund the acquisition of GameStop going down as the first person in history to acquire a billion dollar company... for absolutely nothing. In fact, his acquisition price would be less than zero. It will be exciting to see how it all plays out as according to Bloomberg/WSJ there are now 58 million shares short as of 8/31/2020 with only 65 million shares outstanding.โ€

Edit: Wauw! Ty for the awards. I donโ€™t hope you think it is wasted, when Iโ€™m asking this; what are they for? - can I award other apes with them?

GrumpyTitan-77

221 points

26 days ago

Are you telling me Papa Cohen could buy Gamestop at cozy zero dollars, AND GET PAID TO DO SO? THIS GUY IS A GOD! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž

PorgBrisket

41 points

26 days ago

I donโ€™t know what precisely is going to happen, but it gonna be good

94 points

Great article! Justin from DOMO Capital has been bullish on GME for a long time

Nalmyth

7 points

Nalmyth

7 points

26 days ago

Recalling shares would likely fuck some of us apes in weird brokerages. My broker says it would randomly choose people for share real, I don't know what happens to the other people.

"if shares loaned for short sale are no longer available, Apex will randomly determine which positions are subject to a buy in"

Catch_0x16

19 points

25 days ago

They still owe you money though, you just might not be able to vote. They sold you a share, if you're in a cash account and not on margin that's a legal share that they owe you.

AbnArmyVet87

17 days ago

If your hair isnโ€™t real itโ€™s still has the same value as a real one you just wonโ€™t be able to vote. No brokerage out there itโ€™s going to stop you from selling Your share and imagine the downfall that would happen yes they tried to forcefully close your position. Could be business suicide On top of a huge major lawsuit...

Hypoglybetic

Hypoglybetic

Held at $38 and through $483

7 days ago

If shares are recalled by the lenders (Fidelity, etc) then the shorts would have to cover. The price would skyrocket. By the time anyone votes, the shorts would be covered and we'd be millionaires and billionaires.

obenjab

6 points

obenjab

6 points

7 days ago

APEX is the devil, they shut down trading last time. They clear all these retail platforms trades, they are a clearing house.

Nalmyth

7 days ago*

Nalmyth

7 days ago*

I'm with an Apex broker but seems like they were still able to trade weirdly, maybe they had a reserve of stock to sell

obenjab

obenjab

7 days ago

Just be careful - they did limit buying & they managed a lot of the retail platforms

Nalmyth

Nalmyth

Yep thank you for the warning ๐Ÿ™‚

I moved everything to a cash account finally, seems they can't lend out your shares that way, and there's better client protection also.

ekorbmai

16 points

ekorbmai

$30,000,000.00 ๐Ÿšผ๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ™Œ

16 points

Address-Novel

18 points

Great article

ELITExKK

14 points

ELITExKK

14 points

26 days ago

Thanks for sharing! Great read so far

Powerful_Pea1123

6 points

26 days ago

If this isn't already, should be a post on his own IMO

Pouyaaaa

Pouyaaaa

7 days ago

Ok well, riddle me this. The hestia guy that you mentioned has resigned based on 8K filing that was filled today

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? u/Vixualized

nnvv__

nnvv__

7 days ago

Also wondering about what this means as he dad a stake in it

kibblepigeon

This.is.awesome

BGBG33

25 days ago

BGBG33

25 days ago

The ape who found that dug up a goldmine!

speedothefree

6 days ago

This aged really well ๐Ÿ’Ž โœ‹

40ozT0Freedom

6 days ago

40ozT0Freedom

I am not a cat

6 days ago

That would be the biggest, dickiest energy the universe has ever seen.

Mscimitar

-12 points

26 days ago*

Mscimitar

-12 points

26 days ago*

DOMO tweeted that the short interest is a fraction of what it was when he wrote these posts so itโ€™s not really true anymore unfortunately.

daronjay

daronjay

๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ™Œ10k, 69k, 100k, 420k DCA out

26 days ago

Can you link to that tweet?

Mscimitar

-3 points

daronjay

daronjay

๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ™Œ10k, 69k, 100k, 420k DCA out

26 days ago

Thatโ€™s not what it says, itโ€™s referring to a different article from earlier last year, and it also literally says โ€œshare recalls could still have an impactโ€

Mscimitar

-3 points

Mscimitar

-3 pointsโ€

26 days ago

Huh? How are you misinterpreting him saying short interest is much lower now than it was months ago as anything other than that literal statement? Share recalls will always have an impact nobody is disputing that, but even heโ€™s saying short interest isnโ€™t what it was. Not sure what the misunderstanding here is. He tweeted this very recently so whatโ€™s the disconnect in your mind about the short interest?

Vixualized

26 days ago

Most people in here, including me, believes that SI is actually higher than august 2020. Read the DDโ€™s on FTDโ€™s, naked shorts and combine it with naked calls and a much lower floating stock. Of course this is up to yourself to determine if you believe SI is more than the official reports. But it really looks like shares are drying up and Iโ€™d like to hear your speculation to why the stock rocketed on feb 24?

Mscimitar

26 days ago

Iโ€™m merely pointing out the author of the article doesnโ€™t believe the short interest is high, take it up with him and post to his Twitter? If people are gonna use DOMO for their confirmation bias shouldnโ€™t they use him for the other way around too? Heโ€™s responsive. Youโ€™ll get your answers.

Itschyaboiii

26 days ago

This guy might be eligible for that million dollar offer!

FourzeBestMatch

82 points

FourzeBestMatch

Banned from WSB

82 points

Dividends going straight back into more gme shares ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ

QuantumIdeal

20 points

26 days ago

If youโ€™ve activated DRIP (dividend reinvestment program(?)) on your brokerage account, it should automatically happen

29 points

This is the way

๐Ÿš€๐Ÿš€๐Ÿš€๐Ÿš€๐Ÿš€

loves_abyss

8 points

loves_abyss

๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ™Œ $420,420,420.69

8 points

This is the way

Emlerith

24 points

Emlerith

24 points

26 days ago

I donโ€™t think dividends are the right play here. Shorts wouldnโ€™t have to pay dividends on synthetic/naked shorts, and a dividend would MAYBE be $1, so youโ€™re talking about $60M-$70M at 100% short ownership - a (relatively) easy bullet to eat for the HFs.

Also keep in mind GameStop is going through the early stages of a massive innovation period - innovation that requires capital to materialize. Unless they were sure HFs would pay every single dividend from shorts, theyโ€™re likely better positioned to use that money investing in building that future framework.

No_Commercial5671

16 points

26 days ago

10:1 split... itโ€™s the only play. Plus lowering the cost per share brings more retards on board

R333reee

15 points

R333reee

Certified $GME MANIAC

15 points

26 days ago

I dont like the idea of more shares, I feel like people might want to sell some shares if they own 10 or 20 and previously owned 1 or 2 (partially psychological), also, they have capital to buy mpre so why lower the price? I believe we will see a tsla like squeeze but a MUCH larger growth, percent wise at least, so Id rather the shorts bleed and be forced back through dtcc forcing rather than doing a possibly harmful action. Another thing I wouldnt mind is insider share buyback, especially with revenue made, but that has to do with less shares that shorts can buy from

Schweeppes

12 points

26 days ago

But this is illogical, retail buyers don't look at share price relative to float. They just look at share price.

It's mentally easier to decide to buy shares at 20$ each than 200$. Similarly it's much easier to believe a stock going from 20$ to 80$ than it going from 200$ to 800$. Even though this is in fact exactly the same in a 10:1 split.

If you look at how we are trading now, we are seeing a few dollars increase / decrease on ~200$ floor. Clearly buyers are trying to get the best single digit dollar value.

However relatively this is insane. In a 10:1 split scenario this would be like us trading 20$ and people caring about a 10-30c difference in price.

Essentially its easier to envisage a jump from 20$ to 80$ being a difference of only 60$. But a jump from 200$ to 800$ is 600$ that's 10x more it has to climb in dollar terms.

To those who argue they don't like the idea of "more shares". Again relatively this is moot. All holders now would have 10x more shares. When they sell, they will sell 10x more shares, when they buy, they will buy 10x more shares. So more shares doesn't need to scare anyone. I think it's a healthy thing to do.

It also means shorts now need to buy 10x more shares to cover. Thus people holding from an increase between 20$ to 30$ is mentally easier, than holding out between 200$ and 300$. Thus when the shorts cover it's easier for the price to grow higher much faster!

Don't forget how psychology works in pricing. Back in the day stock splits were common to keep the per share price figure low. Because at the time you didn't have fractionals and could only buy whole shares. If you only had 200$ you could only buy 1 GME share and that's your entire portfolio. Having 10 GME for the same price or investing 100$ in GME for 5 shares, seems much more reasonable and "safe".

No_Commercial5671

9 points

26 days ago

We need more buyers... and we simple donโ€™t have them right now. Lowing cost per share gives us more options, plus the shorts have to cover 10x as many shares.

I like the idea of share buy backs but with GameStop making changes I donโ€™t think they have the capital to do so. Now a reverse split might be another way to go about it. I believe a share recall would be necessary for either type of split.

SilageNSausage

7 days ago

reverse splits are NEVER a good thing

you'd be hard pressed to find a RSS that benefited shareholders

diamondhands72

6 days ago

What about the 5 to 1 split TSLA did in Sept? It went from $2000 a share to $400 and in 5 months hit almost $900 at peak. Same thing could easily happen with 4:1 or 5:1 split with GME could create a lot more retail buying back down below $40.

SilageNSausage

5 days ago

that is not a reverse split

diamondhands72

5 days ago

Sorry missed reverse, saw the first spilt talking about 10x in the first paragraph.

JusttheBeee

26 days ago

Why wouldn't they pay dividends on synthetic shares? Seemingly there is no difference is there?

phryan

12 points

phryan

12 points

26 days ago

Gamestop pays a dividend to every shareholder on record on a specific date, so Gamestop would pay the people actually holding the stock. However part of borrowing a share requires the borrower (shorter) to pay the lendee any dividends. Since the borrower(shorter) sold the stock they don't get a dividend, so repaying the party that loaned them the stock comes directly out of the shorters pocket.

Schweeppes

25 days ago

If the company issues a dividend, either the short sellers buy back and return the shares to their owners or they pay the current holders the dividend instead. Synthetic or not is irrelevant. They were borrowed and sold and the holder has the right to the dividend.

Emlerith

26 days ago

Synthetic shares by definition means thereโ€™s not an actual shareholder on the other end of it. There wouldnโ€™t be some random shareholder getting random double/triple dividends just because the HFs have shorted GME into another dimension.

JusttheBeee

26 days ago

I confused synthetic shares with multiple times lended shares where the shorter still needs to pay the dividends to the lendee. And if that is the case all the shorters might need to pay more then the company payed out.

Manfromknowwhere

Manfromknowwhere

Banned from WSB

26 days ago

Exactly. Just because two or more people legitimately own 1 share doesn't mean only one of them gets the dividend, it just means the short seller has to pay the dividend to the second owner. 10:1 split followed by a $5 special dividend would absolutely thrash the shorts. Estimating that they're short 50m shares now, times 10, times 5, 2.5 Billion dollars they'd have to pay out. And we know there's a metricshit ton more synthetic positions than that.

SilageNSausage

according to some DD, they have shorted nearly 1B shares

10:1 would make them be short 10B shares

if a $5 special dividend were enacted.... $50Billion HFs pay out?

I dunno... not sure how that would work

Manfromknowwhere

Manfromknowwhere

Banned from WSB

7 days ago

That's exactly how that would work.

SilageNSausage

6 days ago

so with 70M shares outstanding, and 10:1 creates 700M shares outstanding

at $5/share... GME has to come up with $3.5BILLION????

I don't see how that is possible

BUT if it happened, that would look SuhWHEET in my account!

Manfromknowwhere

6 days ago

Manfromknowwhere

Banned from WSB

6 days ago

The SHFs would have to pay the dividend on every shorted share synthetic or not, so Gamestop wouldn't pay most of that.

anongmeholder

112 points

26 days ago

Thank you for posting this. Through my research I have came to the same conclusion.

I literally messaged one of our apes today in hopes that he could clarify this for me. Unfortunately he did not respond to me.

I understand it exactly like you did, there is no such thing as a total share recall. The party that owns and is lending the shares can only recall as many shares as they own.

As well as this, calling for a shareholder vote will only make lenders who wish to 'vote' be obliged to recall their shares.

ONE thing is clear for me, the amount of short interest on this rocket is absolutely bonkers, and it is waiting for something to tick it off. THIS FOR ME IS GUARANTEED, I HAVE NO DOUBTS ABOUT THE MOASS. I was absolutely certain the catalyst was going to be the share recall, until I did more research and arrived to similar conclusions like you. So that leaves me to wonder only what our catalyst could be? A question that i really do not need to know the answer to, but I will ponder on about it because it is fascinating to explore, and update you apes on it if i find any useful answers. REGARDLESS, I AM STRAPPED IN THIS BABY WAITING FOR THE ROCKET TO BREAK ASTRONOMICAL LEVELS. I HAVE NO DATES IN MY MIND, BUT KNOW THAT THE DATA DOES NOT LIE AND IT IS ONLY A QUESTION OF WHEN NOT IF, ITS BEEN LIKE THIS THE MOMENT THEY SHORTED UNBELIEVABLE AMOUNTS OF THE FLOAT.

Look at the data from this source: (Short interest recently 292%!)

Not to mention all the speculative DD that it could be even higher!

JUST HOLD AS LONG AS IT TAKES. SUPER EASY.

THE MATRIX HAS NEVER BEEN CLEARER TO SEE THROUGH.

NONE OF THIS SHOULD BE TAKEN AS FINANCIAL ADVICE. I AM AN APE ON THE INTERNET.

32 points

SadieDiAbla

3 days ago

This is the way.

Novat1993

12 points

26 days ago

Keep in mind. That certain institutions who lend out a lot of shares, could be reluctant to call back their shares.

Say a broker lends out shares in 1000 different companies. Basically, the entire business model is lending out shares for the fee.

Now, it may not be written anywhere that the broker cannot recall everything over night. But there is an unwritten rule. ''If you start recalling even 1 of your shares, the customer will go somewhere else''. The hedge funds with short positions don't want to be forced to give up their positions via a recall, why would they come back and borrow again in the future? Not that Citadel has a future... lol

But there are possibly other customers, who are not in citadel's position. That would decide that a particular broker is no good for shorting shares. Since there is a history of shares being called back, despite cash to maintain the position being there.

Just my smooth brain theorizing why certain players may forego their voting rights.

timc247

12 points

timc247

I am not a cat

12 points

26 days ago

I believe if it profited them more to recall than collect interest, they'd do it. Like Fidelity could legit make over a trillion dollars if they do it. Waiting for broker lending fees is like picking a mystery box that might have a boat in it instead of choosing the other option, a boat.

FootyG94

26 days ago

I believe there have been instances of voting where more than 100% of the shares available voted lol, how would that be the case, if in your claim only 100% of the shares can be recalled?

erttuli

22 points

26 days ago*

erttuli

22 points

26 days ago*

Think a 10-1 stock split would absolutely destroy the shorts. I know I'd buy more instantly.. lmao

IAm_Trogdor_AMA

10 points

26 days ago

A reverse stock split would increase the stock price 10 times. And divide your shares by 10.

erttuli

9 points

erttuli

9 points

yea my bad meant 10x more shares split

SilageNSausage

7 points

10:1 is a split

1:10 is a reverse split

GuybrushLePirate

22 points

GuybrushLePirate

Came for the $$$s, stayed for the memes.

22 points

26 days ago

Can't comment on the content, I'm as smooth brained as apes come, but it's a very well written bit of DD.

Thanks/dziฤ™ki!

12 points

Thanks for reading!

Przyjemnoล›ฤ‡ po mojej stronie :)

IlliterateArtist

IlliterateArtist

20,000,000$ ๐Ÿ’ŽโœŠ

26 days ago

Letโ€™s go back to Monkey Island, fellow ape!

GuybrushLePirate

6 points

GuybrushLePirate

Came for the $$$s, stayed for the memes.

6 points

26 days ago

You fight like a dairy farmer

IlliterateArtist

IlliterateArtist

20,000,000$ ๐Ÿ’ŽโœŠ

How appropriate. You fight like a cow! ๐Ÿ˜‚

GuybrushLePirate

GuybrushLePirate

Came for the $$$s, stayed for the memes.

๐Ÿ˜†

This sub. After the millions of pounds, it's the second best thing that's come out of the MOASS.

GrigoTheSecond

19 points

26 days ago

"Alright retards, listen up" ALWAYS gets my attention!!

FatPug655

7 points

26 days ago

It's kind of like shouting "FREE CRAYONS!"

GrigoTheSecond

breakfast for champions

Captaincoolbeans

57 points

26 days ago

Thank you for clarifying share recalls. Appreciate your wrinkles

11 points

26 days ago

my pleasure, thanks for reading

Just-kicking-off

9 points

26 days ago*

Just-kicking-off

HODL ๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ™Œ

9 points

26 days ago*

Post on this topic earlier today describes that a recall is highly relevant for shareholders having GME within a margin account. The majority of shares in margin accounts are automatically lent.

autoselect37

17 points

autoselect37

โ™พ is the ceiling

17 points

26 days ago

written like a lawyer that is accustomed to explaining things to non-lawyers. fucking thank you.

only complaint is you said โ€œbull with meโ€ instead of โ€œape with meโ€ but itโ€™s a very tiny complaint

cyanideclipse

12 points

26 days ago

This doesnt make sense to me...why would the company who issued the shares in the first place not be able to recall the shares - its like they suddebly have no control of their shares and the lenders have all the power :/?

7 points

26 days ago

that's a solid point and I would appreciate it if some monke with more wrinkles elaborated on it

You could argue that a company listed on an exchange becomes public, etc.

Other thing is that logistics of a 'deep recall' like that might be difficult. Look. To GameStop, the ownership of the shares probably shows the brokerage and not our names. They could request that info, although some brokerages and their privacy practices might not allow it. It would constitute 'legitimate interest' as a ground for requesting data in the EU (GDPR). I don't know that much about US privacy law, but there might be a similar ground for requesting data in the CCPA

cyanideclipse

25 days ago

So i was reading more about it over at r/GME and realised that perhaps i was conflating two separate things; initiating a share recall and actually doing it.

So just to clarify, i think this is the process: gme asks for shares to be recalled, brokers need to do it. I say this because thisis what they apparently did in 2020.

But gme cannot physically "get" the shares themselves ๐Ÿค”

25 days ago

Yup, that's what I think too. Shared need to be recalled by lenders and GameStop is not a lender. It still can happen if the lenders comply with the request, though.

Check out this post, too https://teddit.wsb.onl/r/GME/comments/m9enm6/i_believe_that_the_next_annual_date_is_june_10/

The thing that I'm most certain of is that the amount of FTDs and naked shorts is preposterous and rocket WILL launch sooner or later. I personally think sooner, than later

cyanideclipse

25 days ago

Yeh forreal...it def seems inevitable...

Ive even convinced my siblings to give me the price of a share each, i purchase for them, if it moons they profit, if it doesnt, ill pay them back, thats how convinced i am lol (i didnt just buy them the shares myself cos i dont have disposabke income atm ==)

phryan

phryan

26 days ago

You borrow 10 bananas from me and we sign a contract, that contract has a bunch of terms, you pay me 1 grape for each banana loaned per day. Even if I am long bananas maybe I think the value of the banana will go down and I want to sell, so there is also a term in the contract saying that if I ask you have to return the shares to me within 3 days. That last ability is a recall.

Companies have more or less no control over who can and can not own shares nor about how they can be traded or borrowed.

cyanideclipse

26 days ago

Yes but there must be something written somewhere where the company can be like, "yo brokers, i want a count of all the shares, do your thing" then the brokers call back the shares?

I dont know shit but it for sure doesnt make sense to me

wushi

8 points

wushi

8 points

i wish i could read.

mar0x

8 points

mar0x

$gme = the NEW Berkshire.

8 points

26 days ago

Should teach people how to ensure their shares are promptly returned.

TripleFiveEight

6 points

26 days ago

Dzieล„ dobry. Absolutely nothing wrong with your english. Itโ€™s better than my polish.

AdAccomplished1936

15 points

26 days ago

The DD on this in r/stocks says that GME would initiate the share recall (audit) for the Q1 earnings meeting in June. The state of Texas (gme HQ) requires them to announce that decision no less than 60 days before the meeting, which would mean a date in mid April at the latest. Not my info, not financial advice. Do your own research and DD.

26 days ago

That's super interesting, I need to look for this post.

If you happen to still have it you can send a link, too

Vic18t

Vic18t

26 days ago

The annual audit (Sec 13 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934) only audits insiders (>5% shareholder) and is self-reporting.

The institutions just say how many shares they own and donโ€™t need to recall them. This means the audit wonโ€™t trigger a squeeze of conterfeit shares.

radese

radese

JACKED TO THE TITS

26 days ago

I appreciate this post and others like it that put some realistic expectations along with all the confirmation bias. I think it helps to also see the downside, otherwise people will paper hand at the first tiny dip during the rocket.

ilvminado

26 days ago

base on fundamentals and the price staying over a certain amount, will prompt a jump on the share by Review ETF and others, if the shares are recalled ( that will be beneficiary to the share holders ) but it will still have a shadow behind of those hedge funds in the future. but definitely the ship will rocket

Montana_Red

26 days ago

Thanks for the link to Tulip Mania (I learned something new). But check out this picture from the wiki with the caption:

A Satire of Tulip Mania by Jan Brueghel the Younger (ca. 1640) depicts speculators as brainless monkeys in contemporary upper-class dress. In a commentary on the economic folly, one monkey urinates on the previously valuable plants, others appear in debtor's court and one is carried to the grave.

This is a sign! Hodl apes.

26 days ago

AHHH SHIT I didnโ€™t see that!

Coincidence? Nah!

๐Ÿš€๐Ÿš€๐Ÿš€

Lapetitegarconne

26 days ago

I think Ryan Cohen is going to make the right play, whatever it is... even if that means do nothing except announce himself as CEO. He knows whatโ€™s up. I think the rocket will ignite in due time, when itโ€™s ready... everything must line up perfectly. We just need to be patient, buy and hold.

ken-u-blowme

26 days ago

Sooooooooooooooo Buy & Hold. Gotcha.

DPSoverHYPE

19 days ago

I second a one-time special dividend. Stock split also works. Share recall is not forceful enough lol. Please vote this post, so that apes see it, especially since thereโ€™s a share recall post in hot right now that isnโ€™t exactly accurate.

Demeon099

7 days ago

The dividend would work for people who have held. They probably will put that money back into the stock. Someone pointed out they could sell a few 100,000 of the 3.5m and use that to hand out for dividends.

InsideEbb4107

USA ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

hiking4000footers

Its a banana count

Auren1988

Auren1988

GameStop Dad

26 days ago

A little disappointing??? I still hard and ready for round 2 after reading this.

TommyTubesteak

TommyTubesteak

We like the stock

Polish love!! ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ฑ

zombieattakc

26 days ago

I was actually about to say "what about the split?".

When yup you mentioned it.

Good Ape here have a ๐ŸŒ

MrPinkFloyd

26 days ago

Don't they have to figure out who actually would get a special dividend, or if they're doing a split, who get's how many?

They certainly wouldn't just had out dividends to every. single. iou/counterfeit share, right? So how would they go about doing that, if not for a share recall?

classless_classic

26 days ago

Thanks brother ape! Iโ€™ve been looking for this and asking about it for weeks with no solid answers. This clarification makes sense now and is great for our community to see.

scmadness

26 days ago

Ape hodl... ape make new ape friends on rocket to moon...

Outlawjoseywales42

Great read. Thank you for posting. And thank you ๐Ÿฆ for the follow up pieces

ProvenCrownBuilders

ProvenCrownBuilders

We like the stock

26 days ago

Is it possible to Dividend and Stock Split?

eudezet

23 days ago

eudezet

23 days ago

JAZDA GAMESTOP

23 days ago

ANDROMEDA CZEKA DAWAฤ† PALUSZKI Z KURCZAKA

debralex

23 days ago

kraut-n-krabbs

7 days ago

could someone with wrinkles please type up a letter to send to our banana brokers

7 days ago

Check out this thread https://teddit.wsb.onl/r/Superstonk/comments/mmt5rq/420_share_recall_explained_why_its_important_that/

Maybe there's info on your broker. If not, you can just contact them stating that you would like to vote in the upcoming annual shareholder meeting and was wondering if you shares need to be recalled

louie7594

7 days ago

Can you recall shares on Robinhood?

I actually have down syndrome please help

7 days ago

Check out this thread https://teddit.wsb.onl/r/Superstonk/comments/mmt5rq/420\_share\_recall\_explained\_why\_its\_important\_that/

Maybe there's info on RH. If not, you can just contact them stating that you would like to vote in the upcoming annual shareholder meeting and was wondering if you shares need to be recalled

louie7594

7 days ago

Thanks man I just donโ€™t want to get shafted after all this hodl. Robin the hood would be the ones to fuck apes first

Slaytrading

7 days ago

Can they do both dividend and stock split? I don't see why they wouldn't.

SgtMajorMctadger

6 days ago

Post squeeze I reckon they will as to encourage apes to stay and not totally sell out

Kooky_Battle3261

3 days ago

I have a share on Webull. Am i safe? Someone told me to turn off share lending. Not sure how this all works with the recall but I was going to also buy a share on merrill edge.

3 days ago

Iโ€™ve heard some shitty things about Webull, similar to RH. I like their app for the charts though

Matsuda19

26 days ago

Either youโ€™re wrong or uncle Bruce is wrong (since some of what youโ€™re saying counters what he has said). Iโ€™m confused!

Heโ€™s an old man tho so maybe the rules have changed.

26 days ago

Hey! He has a lot of experience though, which part? I listen to him from time to time

Matsuda19

7 points

26 days ago

He said a few times that a recall is the best thing that could happen, if not, then a 10 to 1 split.

greenrubberninja

22 points

26 days ago*

greenrubberninja

Is that a banana in your rocket?

22 points

26 days ago*

Anybody remember Bruce's awesome idea regarding a GME dividend? IIRC he proposed paying a dividend yet not in cash but as exclusive options-to-buy for a follow-up offering (i.e. new GME shares to be offered a few months later). Those options could be traded. Hedgies would have to cover the shares they borrowed plus the associated option that now belongs to each real share. They'd be double-fucked.

yoyoecho2

6 points

26 days ago

I loved that video and love this crazy stock.

9 points

26 days ago

I first heard it from him, Iโ€™ll need to relisten

Stock recall is a button to nuke them. They are likely to make it difficult to push it, but on the other hand some of the institutions that declined it last year in April now have a huge stake in the stock (vanguard and fidelity).

Iโ€™m fucking confused, we can expect anything. GME is obviously heavily manipulated and quite unpredictable, like a ticking nuke ๐Ÿ’ฃ

Jadedinsight

26 days ago

Bedankt aap, your post is zaje biscie (idk how to spell in Polish lol)

graag gedaan monke

BennosukeMusashi

26 days ago

The weekend comes, suddenly lots of "great" DD-s appear like squeeze will not happen, there will be no share recall, wsb want us to help with their "friendly" DD, we lied to ourselves and other drama stuff.

Something is not good here!

HOLD THE LINE APES!

dahomie2020

Kurwa!!

Irdogain

26 days ago

Thanks a lot, but let me ask one thing:

You announced the Szenario of a dividend, " ...long whales could use this legitimate reason for momentum and send this shit into the stratosphere."

So, my question is, the stratosphere of which Planet do you mean?

Affectionate_Use_606

First dd on this? Nothing before.. Idk

P1ckl2_J61c2

26 days ago

I'm not banking on any changes to the current game besides sound business movement by gamestop.

No stock splits, no share counts, no messing with the sharehodlers that will affect the price besides business as usual.

Serbianxprince

-2 points

Serbianxprince

-2 pointsโ€

26 days ago

GameStop and AMC merger? Picture it, movie theatre rooms and online gaming rooms + popcorn... might be onto something here ๐Ÿš€

ArthurKentAdams

ArthurKentAdams

๐Ÿš€ go brrr ๐ŸŒ™

26 days ago

It's crazy the borrower cant hold this up. IF the company wants to square up the count on their shares and the person fucking it up can slow it down is yet another "glitch" in the system. Just more things that need to be fixed.

Lyttald

Lyttald

'I am not a Cat'

Poland St(r)onk ๐Ÿ’•

silentoaster

Here my upvote

Tbird90677

26 days ago

How was the holiday inn?

ShakeSensei

26 days ago

You are not a shill for thinking a share recall isn't a silver bullet and I agree with you that it's not as cut and dry as share recall = shorts forced to cover. I do however think that it will put even more pressure on shorts because they are currently struggling to loop their FTDs and a recall would just intensify that pressure maybe even to a point it becomes too much for them. It won't be the silver bullet but I am bullish on the positive effect a share recall would have. Same goes for a special dividends, same goes for a stock split. None of these things are the silver bullet but they most certainly will increase the pressure on the shorts en they are already at their limits. I am very very excited for the weeks to come as we will see the inevitable demise of shorts come closer and closer. ๐Ÿš€๐Ÿš€๐Ÿš€

whippedcreamgaming

26 days ago

Only probelm I noticed, and bear with me I was drinking all night. The lead share holder or any Share holder is not needed to recall, split, or divided these things can all be done by the board no share holders needed. I could be wrong.

Hellshield

22 days ago

Who brained question but what if we told our own brokerages to confirm our shares simultaneously. What if we become the catalyst that way?

Please be gentle, I always get a crayon stuck up my nose before it goes in my mouth

Wafnewood

7 days ago

Can anyone translate this for me;

"when buying a stock on eToro by opening a โ€œbuyโ€ (long), non-leveraged position, this means they are investing in the underlying asset* (real stocks), and the stock is purchased and held in their name.
The eToro trading platform is not an exchange or a market. This means that they can only buy and sell stocks within the eToro trading platform. It is not possible to move open positions out of your eToro account to another broker or to another person. If you open a stock position on eToro, you are not issued a stock issuance certificate or allocated voting rights. Nonetheless, should the company issue dividends, your balance will be updated in accordance with your holdings"

I am UK based/europoor - basically the shares are in my name but they can only be traded on etoro and I have no rights as a shareholder because... why?

PleatedDockers

7 days ago

I've been holding off on getting out of Robinhood because I was worried about ... the whole process TBH. Is it a safe bet to do at this point? I have a few in Fidelity, a few in TD. I know, I know... GTFO of RH, but what are the possible outcomes of stayin in?

SgtMajorMctadger

6 days ago

I mean you could stay and hOdL the shares you have there to be safe but if you want to buy more, based on all the fuckery they have done you will be safer and hedging your investment if you buy from another brokerage. That way at least if they pull any fuckery if you are able to buy more and they are elsewhere you will at least get the tendies from them if you are scared about robinhood

7 days ago

Ahh, I really am in no position to advise you on this. If it takes a couple of working days you should be good, if weeks - you're doing it at your own risk

PleatedDockers

7 days ago

That works. Hail Black Bears, Beets, and Satan.

JoeRocket777

7 days ago

Hey is there a ape from canada that speak french need help here

OldPandaXi

6 days ago

Oui????

DrunkMexican22493

DrunkMexican22493

๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ™Œnever selling

7 days ago

Thank you for explaining, I'm excited but I'll hold. The day will come and that's all i need to know.

Same! You're welcome